forex.wf forex forum binary options trade - Forex - Top 8 Forex algorithmic trading strategies.
  • Welcome to forex.wf forex forum binary options trade. Please login or sign up.

Top 8 Forex algorithmic trading strategies.

Started by PocketOption, Apr 24, 2020, 07:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketOption

April 25, 2019, | AtoZ Markets - In simple terms, Algorithm + trading = algorithmic trading also quite often known as or mixed with automated trading strategies. But, what does that exactly mean? Here, in this article, we'll find out what is algorithmic trading, it's pros and cons and the best Forex algorithmic trading strategies.
These automated forex trading strategies are useful to those who are looking to eliminate or reduce human emotional interference in making trade decisions. After all, trading signals can be generated using a programmed set of instructions and can be executed right on your Forex broker's trading platform . However, in the end, it is your decision on how you can use algorithmic trading strategies for making forex trades in an effective way.
What is algorithmic trading?
Algorithmic trading is a system of trading that facilitates buy/sell decisions in the financial markets using advanced mathematical tools and strategies. There is no need for a human trader is in this type of system. As a result, the decision-making process is very fast. This enables the automated trading system to take advantage of any profit-making opportunities arising in the FX market much before a human trader can even spot them.
As institutional investors deal with a large number of trade per day, they are the ones who make large use of algorithmic trading strategies. Before we list out the top 8 Forex algorithmic trading strategies, you should know the pros and cons of algorithmic trading before you implement it into your day-to-day life.
Pros and Cons of forex algo trading.
Pros.
Minimizing emotions: These trading systems minimize emotions throughout the trading process. Backtesting: Backtesting applies trading rules to historical market data to determine the viability of the idea. When designing a system for algo trading, all rules need to be absolute without any interpretation. Preserving discipline: Discipline is important in volatile markets because trade execution is performed automatically since rules are set. Achieving consistency: Allows traders to achieve consistency by trading the plan. Diversifying Trading: Permits the user to trade using multiple accounts or various strategies at one time.
Cons.
System failure: A trade order could reside on a computer and on not a server. This means that an order might not be sent to the market if there is no internet connection. This could create the deviation between the theoretical trades generated by the strategy and the order entry platform component that turns them into real trades. Monitoring: It is possible for these automated trading systems to experience errors that could result in missing orders or duplicate orders due to technical failures, such as connectivity issues, power losses or computer crashes.

PocketOption

Many sophisticated trading algorithms aim to reduce emotional interference and disturbance into the trading process. Following trading algorithms help traders and brokers in executing orders and provide an optimal solution.
#1 Trend following trading strategies.
Tracking and following market trends lie at the very heart of trend following trading strategies. Traders can set technical conditions appropriate for buy and sell orders. Also, there's a possibility to take into account previous historical data and build future projections on this basis.
In the cryptocurrency world, you can find AEIEVE using such strategy, combined with their own AI system.
#2 Mean reversion trading strategies.
The mean reversion trading strategy is an algorithmic Forex strategy based on the assumption that markets are ranging from 80% of the time. The terminals executing this strategy are usually calculating an average asset price based on historical data. Furthermore, they are placing trades in expectation of current price returns to the average price.
#3 News-based based trading strategy.
Next, a news-based algorithmic trading system can be a good option for more adrenalin loving traders. In this strategy, it is important to connect a trading system to news wires. Accurate data is either compared to the market consensus or previous data. Afterward, trading signals are generated depending on the results. This trading strategy can be very profitable but also involves a high-risk possibility.
#4 Market sentiment based trading system.
For the ones involved in market sentiment based trading strategy, the process is clear: a system observes a specific trading instrument and detects extreme net short and long positions. Either it can use The Commitments of Traders (COT) report for collecting the information. The latest approach also allows the scanning of social media to find out the biases towards the particular currency.
#5 Arbitrage strategy.
To make significant profits with the arbitrage strategy, you will need to trade in large positions. Specifically, the strategy implies finding price imbalances in the market and making a benefit out of it. While the differences in prices are unseen, they are eliminated quickly when discovered.
In addition, one popular strategy in this classification is triangular arbitrage. It involves two currency pairs and a currency cross between two of them.
Cryptocurrency exchanges used to have big arbitrage opportunities in 2017. Thus you could see people open Binance account and Huobbi account and a few other accounts, mostly in Korea and look for price differences.
#6 High-frequency trading strategies.
High-frequency trading is regularly mixed with scalping in the retail Forex world. In reality, HFQ includes scalping but is not limited to it.
In this case, high trade volumes and quick price fluctuations are the best characteristics of the strategy. The trades are closed in milliseconds, and the system itself is operating at a speed of light. These strategies typically used here are arbitrage and scalping and essentially involve quick fluctuations in price and high volumes of trade.
Japanese and Korean traders especially focused on high-frequency trading. In fact, cryptocurrency exchange Huobbi conducts conferences dedicated to HFQ in different parts of the world.
#7 Iceberging trading system.
Large financial institutions prefer to retain secrecy about their positions on Forex. That is the reason why they are not placing their orders to only one broker, but instead, divide it into smaller positions and execute these under different brokers.
This scheme allows them to place smaller orders at different times, which prevents other market participants from finding out. Financial institutions can trade under normal market conditions this way, avoiding sudden price fluctuations. What other traders see is usually only "the tip of the iceberg", but not the whole picture itself.
#8 Stealth.
Very much related to the previous strategy, stealth is the one not tolerating a mystery behind "iceberg". The algorithm was designed to assemble the pieces of orders. This way, market watchers will find out whether a large player is hiding in the back.
Conclusion.
Algo trading is a numbers-based approach to filtering trades that helps traders to approach trading in a calculated way, which can eliminate risks and increases the risk-to-reward ratio. Not only is it time-saving, but it takes out a lot of human errors and helps traders to locate strong potential signals for forex trade.
In today's world, AI systems and algo trading strategies go hand in hand. We can expect to see this sphere thrive and grow as we see AI based trading systems grow.
If you have enjoyed this article, please share on your social media and tag your best trader friend.

PocketOption

hi guys, i needed some info about algorithmic trading. i have read that almost 60% of trading in US markets is sone through such algorithms. is it true? how much percentage of trading is done through such algorithms in Forex? which programming languages are used to build such algorithms? I have basic knowledge of programming.
please reply thnx.
search amazon .. there are few good books.. search google.. there are some good websites..
search: HFT, High Frequency trading, algo, algorithmic trading.. ect..
Post # 7 Quote Jun 23, 2010 1:42pm Jun 23, 2010 1:42pm.
search amazon .. there are few good books.. search google.. there are some good websites..
search: HFT, High Frequency trading, algo, algorithmic trading.. ect..
Post # 8 Quote Jun 23, 2010 1:58pm Jun 23, 2010 1:58pm.
I will never understand, why people don't take the benefit of my experience and save a lot of time money and stress and go and spend money, waste time and get stressed.
Please do me a big favour and in 12 months when you've been through what I went through come and tell me you wish you would have listened.
Post # 9 Quote Jun 23, 2010 2:07pm Jun 23, 2010 2:07pm.
I will never understand, why people don't take the benefit of my experience and save a lot of time money and stress and go and spend money, waste time and get stressed.
Please do me a big favour and in 12 months when you've been through what I went through come and tell me you wish you would have listened.
lol.. mate.. it is "Up to you" to suggest. but leave others to do the rest as a homework.. finally. you never know who is from the "other side".
Your bad experience.. doesn't mean that is a rule for everyone. Forex community is wide, pros, maths, nerds, IT, Programmers, cheerleaders.. ect.. Have a life mate.. relax.
Post # 10 Quote Jun 23, 2010 2:16pm Jun 23, 2010 2:16pm.
I do have a life and I'm very relaxed, it all started when I stopped programming EAs.
I suppose it's that Grail thing, there seems to be a lot of it about at the moment.
I knew that many a major financial institution throw thousands of dollars at this problem and come up with solutions that have a modicum or more of success, but yet at the time I believed that I could come up with something that would give me a 50% month on month return.
I think also what happens is you get that emotion you felt as a teenager that you could conquer anything and the world is your oyster. I still see life like that a lot, but a little more pragmatic I suppose.

PocketOption

I do have a life and I'm very relaxed, it all started when I stopped programming EAs.
I suppose it's that Grail thing, there seems to be a lot of it about at the moment.
I knew that many a major financial institution throw thousands of dollars at this problem and come up with solutions that have a modicum or more of success, but yet at the time I believed that I could come up with something that would give me a 50% month on month return.
I think also what happens is you get that emotion you felt as a teenager that you could conquer anything.
Cool mate.. football is a way to go.. relaxing with some beer.
OK.. my point is: there are so many informations, on HFT, quant trading.. and many PPL are curious just to find out what is all about. only Few will actually spend a time.. to separate the right market timing when market is "predictable" or Non-predictable".. I agree for PPL who are trading from garage or bedroom, it is a rocket science, lots of MATH, Theories.. ect.. ect.
Australia vs Serbia is ON.. im going to chill a bit.
Post # 12 Quote Jun 23, 2010 2:30pm Jun 23, 2010 2:30pm.
Post # 13 Quote Jun 23, 2010 11:19pm Jun 23, 2010 11:19pm.
Cool mate.. football is a way to go.. relaxing with some beer.
OK.. my point is: there are so many informations, on HFT, quant trading.. and many PPL are curious just to find out what is all about. only Few will actually spend a time.. to separate the right market timing when market is "predictable" or Non-predictable".. I agree for PPL who are trading from garage or bedroom, it is a rocket science, lots of MATH, Theories.. ect.. ect.
Australia vs Serbia is ON.. im going to chill a bit.
Post # 14 Quote Jun 24, 2010 5:26am Jun 24, 2010 5:26am.
I'm actualy working on a price Action EA. Almost everything can be coded, Especialy money management, position sizing and stops/TP's. Candlesticks formations, Pivot points, BRN are easy too.
The most difficult part is chart analyses, it's very hard to code the infinit rules possibilities for making S/R, eliott waves, trend lines, doubles top & bottom.
I'm working with a crew of coders to making rules for double top/bottom and Elliott Waves recognizing indicator, based on a tone of screen charts and reliable analyses. I hnow it's a big load of work, but we almost found solution for divergences, elliott ans double top&bot and once done, we can replace a chart trader using these previous chart tools.
The result will not be as accurate as a senior trader but still. And the good part is the capacity of EA to make fast calculs and can run multiple Pair/TF and never miss a setup respecting EA strategy rules.
Post # 15 Quote Jun 24, 2010 5:27am Jun 24, 2010 5:27am.
About 20% ish according to their estimates.
Interestingly, FX is becoming more speculative, not less.
Post # 16 Quote Last Post : Mar 29, 2011 6:46am Mar 29, 2011 6:46am.
You're a funny person PurplePatch But I know what you're talking about and you're right (from my point of view)! I was coding as well and stopped it (at least down to 5% of the time). I was too proud to stop or write a script not perfect. Everything had to be as great as possible. But this took me time, money and unfortunately friends. I was sometimes at home, curtains closed and just being autistic. Instead going out for a walk or a trip with friends.
Now, I use an algorithmic trading software called Buru with the EA IBFX. The performance makes you smile for the work you had. Because there's no work However, I would like to compare it with other systems. I've more time, less stress and still a nice performance. With the 5% of coding time, I try to stay warm and test some aggressive strategies.
Anyway, at the end it's the choice of the person itself. But it would be interesting if spearfx would come back in a year and talk about the experience.